Nuance and Bubbles Collab + Cacti & Succulents

I have several continuing sagas in my life- one of them happens to include being a plant killer. It's a part of my life that I'm not proud of, but I'm here to be upfront and honest with you all. You now know the true me. BUT, thankfully I have found the magic of succulents and cacti, along with the rest of the world it seems. I completely understand the draw- they are the cutest little buddies to have sitting on a table or counter and the care for them is so minimal! Dream come true, right?

Valerie from Nuance and Bubbles and I decided to share a simple DIY + a couple tips so everyone ever can be a part of the grandness otherwise known as succulents (and cacti). Prepare to have your life changed <3

The gracious people over at The Palm Room in Ballard (Seattle) have seen my face several times as I continue to buy these beauties as gifts for roommates, friends and myself. They've given me tips along the way that I have found to be the perfect pairing for keeping my little friends healthy.
Succulents and cacti alike require very little water. A simple splash of H2O once a month is plenty. A brilliant suggestion I got last time I was waltzing around The Palm Room: if you're paying rent (or any kind of bill) once a month, make it a reminder for you to water your little cacti and/or succulent friends! I love this idea because at the time I was buying a succulent for myself and each of my roomies. Now we have a fun little tradition to do once a month during the not so happy time of paying rent!

Another easy way to make your plants happy is to place them in direct sunlight. This is great because it can be difficult finding cute somethings to go on windowsills. You don't want anything blocking your view or wilting in the sunlight, so buy a succulent or two! I have some of mine lined up on the windowsill above my bed and have grown to love waking up and seeing the sun pouring in over my little plants.
As for a simple DIY, the cacti and succulents at The Palm Room come with a popsicle stick in each container with the name of the plant. I had decided a simple way to spruce it up was writing a small tag of care info and a note to show the giftee how much they meant to me and attaching it to the popsicle stick. Valerie graciously made a few tags for you all so you can do just that! These truly do make the perfect gift as they are adorable AND easier to take care of than a cute puppy (unfortunately haha).

It was wonderful working with Valerie and and I want to congratulate Nuance and Bubbles on it's one year blogiversary! People, there's a giveaway going on over there that you won't want to miss out on- go check it out (seriously).

Here's the cutie patootie tags Valerie made for you all: back and front. We suggest printing them 3" x 3" for best quality, but you do you. I suggest printing these out asap, buying some little lovelies and making as many peoples' days as possible. Have fun with it!

If you want to see some of my succulent obsession documented, my Instagram has you covered: herehereherehere and here.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts