Blue Moon

I just found this little paragraph of gold that I wrote in a desperate frenzy of inspiration a few months ago.
Give it a read. Cheers!

I had to pause and snap this when I was walking to work in the a.m. Look at that cute lil' moon!

The older I grow, the more I realize that we need goodness in this world. We need it desperately. Thankfully, I am also aware that providing it can be SUCH a simple task. A smile can go such a long way. It's free, easy to comprehend, means the same thing in every language, and there's not a single negative thing to say about them. And that's just one example out of dozens and dozens. I've started to put this into practice in my own life, and you know what? It changes me just as much as it changes the other person. Writing a letter to someone I love makes me so so so so much happier than catching up on the latest episode of New Girl. Walking around campus has become a game of how many people I can throw a smile at. But I mess up all the freaking time. Some days the last thing I want to do is smile. Or start a conversation with someone I don't know. Or go follow through with a volunteer opportunity I signed up for. I remind myself that I only got four hours of sleep last night. Or I haven't had lunch yet. Or there's still that episode of Sherlock calling out my name.

But lo and behold, THOSE are the days that I get the most out of giving of myself. THOSE are the days I make new friends that I can't imagine living without. THOSE are the nights I fall asleep smiling. THOSE are the moments when life is most beautiful. 

So, I'll continue to try. Want to come alongside me to show the world the beauty in real living? 

Comments

Popular Posts